Work on the PC is daily business in almost all sectors. However, anyone who has a job that requires sitting for hours at the computer, it shows soon to his eyes. Here are some advice on how workers can work for the eyes.
Allegedly complain 50-70% of workers in one workplace on complaints with eyes. Although initially no acute change in visual acuity is noted there are other signs that the eyes are strained: burn, and fluttering eyelids.Further evidence for an overuse are headache and a strained neck area.
Our Sehwerkzeuge are sensitive organs. Therefore, it is advisable to consider the following 5 tips:
- Take breaks: the eyes from time to treat yourself to a little break time, saves them from damage – especially when working with a PC requires high concentration . Also, it may be useful from time to time to close the lids, as this relaxes the entire body. Particularly in work phases in which the impression is not progress, can draw this way new energy.
- With the adaptability of eyes play: This ability of our organs of vision is called accommodation of medicine and refers to the fact that the eye can adjust to different distances. Instead of constantly staring at the same distance on the screen, it is better in between to look out the window or to take individual items in the office space targeted.
- Eyes moisten by Blink: We ensure that our eyes are always covered by a tear protective film. The more often we blink, the more we stimulate tear production and protect the cornea and conjunctiva in front drying. We stare at the monitor, reduce our blinks from 22 to seven, so that eye fatigue. Dries the protective film, they begin to redden or burn and itch. Another aid is conscious yawning, thereby relaxing the facial muscles and encouraged the heartstrings.
- Training of eye muscles: Simple exercises in the breaks act as relief to the face and eye muscles from: Run For eye massage with the fingertips of the index and middle fingers on the closed eyelids in a circular motion on the eyeballs. After not open his eyes and starting emphasize with the fingertips of the nose on the eyebrows to the temples. Finally, in addition, take the thumb to help and easy drums on the skin around the eyes. This exercise stimulates immensely and promotes concentration.
- Not neglect Eye Test: Who’s for years employed at one workplace, will find that his eyesight is weakening. Even mild, unstated vision defects strain the eyes strongly. Therefore, regular eye tests are so important to the optician or ophthalmologist.
Additional information: contact lenses apply to an employee who is mainly active on the screen, not as easy on the eyes because the eyes at the computer will quickly dry.
Experts also warn against the use of a normal read or bifocals, which is usually not optimized to work on the PC. The reason: While the screen usually an arm’s length is about away from the face, said optical aids for a reading distance of no more than 30 to 40 centimeters are designed.
It makes sense, however, is a special glasses with progressive lenses for a long range of only a few meters, the central region to the screen and which extends up to the lower keyboard. Such visual aids are not as expensive to buy, as it may sound.
The fact is that an extra computer eyeglasses usually are cheaper than standard glasses and that sometimes a grant will be disbursed. So who strongly feels by problems such as dry eyes, headaches or muscle tension in his screen work impaired, advice should be sought if a special glasses can eliminate the discomfort.
Important for eye-friendly PC-work are also the monitor settings, the brightness and font size, working mainly with those.
TFT screens have an eye-pleasing native resolution, which is preferable. The font size must not be corrected directly on the screen – many programs have their own changes to the font size.
The screen brightness should be adjusted to the brightness of the environment, especially in early morning and evening incidental work on the PC during the dark season.
Otherwise, the eyes must constantly adjust to a lighter or darker environment, once the view is no longer falling on the screen.