There are models all around the world and of course in all walks of life. Being a professional model can range from a local beauty queen who is paid a few dollars to advertise wedding dresses in a small town, to a tall, blonde bombshell who makes millions with her looks and sense of style. Modeling is also not simply for women – there are many successful male models that possess many of the same qualities that make female models so unique.
As it were, a resume for a model should be straightforward and to the point. Potential employers will look for many aspects on an application (the specifics, such as education), but in this career, it all boils down to experience. Modeling is truly a career that puts men and women on a job ladder. You must break into the game at an early age with a small-time gig. Gradually, you will build your experience, like building credit to slowly gain success, until you reach your maximum potential.
- Resume Template
- Contact Information
- Full Name
- Campus and Permanent Addresses
- Telephone Number(s)
- E-Mail Address
You need to list any amount of education that you have received in the past. Begin with your most recent degree and continue down the line, using the format that is provided below:
Name of Institution, City, and State
Degree, Major, and Year Awarded
Grade Point Average of Degree
After these specifics, you really only need to cite your prior modeling experience. You simply will want to chronicle all of the past work that you have done. Whether you have appeared on television or in the movies, or you simply have only been a part of small-time shoots, list all of the important things that you have done. Also, if you have been lauded with praise or an award for modeling, be sure to list your accolades. Also, listing any experience or training you have had with another professional model is of paramount importance. Provide contact information for these person or persons (but be sure to get their consent to do so first) and what it is that they did to help you. If they are important enough, they can put in a good word that will sway opinions in your favor.
Now, while the modeling resume seems rather simple, there are a few things that you must remember at all times. Such as:
- Never lie! Whether you are doing so because you feel that while you lack experience you “know” you are right for the job and lying will get your foot in the door or you simply are trying to cover a requested area in which you have no experience in, it is better to tell the truth, even if it will cost you the job, so you can save face and further your career in the long run.
- Keep your resume as short as possible. Rarely, if ever, should you go over one page.
- Create an e-mail address that strictly serves as your business or modeling web contact.
- Don’t be secretive. Using pictures that hide what you perceive to be a flaw will actually make the flaw stand out more prominently. You will be discovered eventually, so be confident and comfortable in your own skin.